Sporting Clays Course Map
Wern Valley Sporting Clays Rules
- No consumption of alcohol is allowed prior to or during shooting. No exceptions!
- Always keep the action open to let everyone see that it is safe; if you have an over/under or side-by-side, carry it broken open with the muzzle down or up in the air.
- At all times, treat the gun as if it is loaded.
- Only shot size 7 ½, 8 and 9 are allowed. Ammo is available for purchase in the clubhouse.
- Never load your gun until you are on a shooting station, it is your turn, and you are in the box, ready to shoot. Load only two shells at a time.
- Never move off a station until your gun is open and safe.
- Eye and ear protection are mandatory for all shooters, spectators, pullers and referees.
- When you’re done shooting at a station, open your gun, remove the used hulls, and exit the station.
Types of Pairs
Report Pair: Only two shots are allowed. Once the shooter calls “pull,” the first target is released. The second target is released once the shooter fires at the first target.
True Pair: Only two shots are allowed. Once the shooter calls “pull,” both targets are released simultaneously.
We are here to help!
You’ll find that sporting clays shooters are friendly and always eager to share their sport with beginners. So while you’re learning the sport, don’t hesitate to ask questions. Let your fellow shooters or Wern employees know that you’re a new shooter, and they’ll go out of their way to show you the ropes and help you learn the game. Have fun and thank you for shooting at Wern Valley!