Upland Hunting Info, Pheasant Hunting, Hours and Rates
Wern Valley invites you to become a part of Wisconsin’s finest upland game hunting preserve. It is a great opportunity to carry on or start a family tradition of hunting and outdoors activities. Hunting Season runs from October 1 to April 15 and Ringneck Pheasants, Chukar, Hungarian Partridges and Black Pheasants are available for release.
- We have over 600 contiguous acres of diverse, quality managed land with a variety of hunting areas.
- There are 11 designated hunting areas located on site.
- Our hunting areas are big, roomy and varied, with most being 40-100 acres.
- Up to 4 guns are allowed in the field, special arrangements can be made to accommodate more guns when reservations are made.
- The minimum release from October 1 to December 31 is 2 birds per gun on weekdays, 3 birds per gun on weekends.
- The minimum release after January 1 is 3 birds per gun weekdays and weekends.
Guests are welcome at no additional fee. As always, it is the responsibility of all group members to stay out of the way of shot fall and 50% blaze orange is required for all shooters and spectators. No hunting license is required to hunt on our private game farm! Please see our membership page for more information.
UPLAND HUNTING HOURS
Now through Dec 31st
Triple shifts will continue thru Dec. 31st
We are closed Dec. 25th and 26th.
New Year’s Day we have only 2 shifts . 9-12 and 1-5.
October 1-April 15
• Tues. – Sun.: 2 shifts per day
• Morning shift: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• Afternoon shift: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• Reservations Required
One of the most important aspects of upland hunting is a good gun dog. If you do not have your own hunting companion, experienced dogs are available with handlers upon request for your half-day hunt. Pointers or flushers can be requested per your preference. All roadways are woven wire fenced to help provide hunters and dogs with a safe environment. Water in the form of ponds, drainage ditches or wetlands is available in almost all hunting areas. Training is available by local reputable trainers, please contact the Club to get their contact information. The Club also hosts a heartworm clinic in March that many members take advantage of every year; this is also open to the public. For many members, their dog is the number one reason for joining the Club!
Dog & Handler Rate: $85/half day hunt (+ gratuity)
We offer full-time personalized service 6 days a week! Fields are available per request whenever possible. There is no charge for bringing guests or for extra birds harvested above release. Scratch hunting is allowed per club rules. Dog washing and bird cleaning areas are available at no charge as well as locker space on a limited basis. If you wish, we will exchange your birds for pre-cleaned, skinned whole frozen birds for $2.50 per bird. We also sell other food items such as pheasant pot pies, smoked pheasants, pheasant snack sticks, pheasant brats and pheasant chili for an additional charge. On-the-spot account status, gun repairs, loaner guns, game vests as well as numerous other hunter and shooter amenities are also available.
As outdoors men and women, we all know the importance of conservation for future generations. Not only are we proud of our agricultural heritage at Wern Valley, but we are also one of the most pro-active clubs when it comes to conservation. More than 70% of our property has been or currently is enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Program and we are the oldest sponsor of Pheasants Forever in the state of Wisconsin. You will regularly see the Club represented at various fundraiser banquets. We are also very active in youth programs, such as hunter safety education. We firmly believe in providing hunting, fishing, and shooting opportunities to both current and future generations.
Some of the groups we support include:
- Pheasants Forever
- Ducks Unlimited
- Wisconsin Waterfowl Association
- Ruffed Grouse Society
- National Wild Turkey Federation
- Women’s Hunting and Shooting Association
- Wisconsin House Outdoorsmen
- Waukesha County Conservation Alliance
- North American Gamebird Association
- National Rifle Association
- Learn to Hunt Turkey Program
- Safari Club International
- Wisconsin Bear Hunters Association
- Scholastic Clay Target Program
- Hunter Safety Education
- National Sporting Clays Association
- Wisconsin Sporting Clays Association
- Wisconsin Game Preserve Association
- Wisconsin Wildlife Federation
CONTINENTAL TOWER SHOOTS
The Club holds several “tower shoot” events throughout the winter. There are 15 blinds around our 90’ tower with two hunters in each blind. Ringneck pheasants are released off of the top of the tower and hunters try to shoot them as they sail to the ground. Hunters rotate blinds until they have shot from each blind. Dogs are placed behind the hunters and retrieve birds. The cost is $165 per person (inc. tax), a follow-up hunt (with your own dog) and bird cleaning. This is a great opportunity to shoot for those that are physically challenged. We also host private tower shoots. If you have never tried a tower shoot, they are a real blast!